Sunday, March 3, 2013

Challenge: "Onion" with high collars

I wear two ties under one collar shirt
Few weeks ago friend wrote to me about his own "onion" (I use that name for wearing multiple layers of clothing, in my case - shirts and suits). Shortly after that I received a bunch of wonderful Matt's photos! What was my surprise to see different "onion" than earlier mine! Except wearing two shirts, he had a few ties under each shirt's collar!
I can't be worse, right? I accepted the challenge! ;)


This time I decided to change some rules and see how it would work. I wanted to look normal, so the layers wasn't visible and no one could tell I'm wearing more than one outfit. That's why I wear only one suit and all the "onion" thing is with shirts and ties. I didn't test it among the unaware people - that was just examining of possibility :)

Onion with three shirts and four ties looks quite normal

Let's focus on my layers and begin with outer ones.
As I mentioned above I wore one suit. That's incomplete suit with slim navy pants. On the top I had tight black waistcoat and black suit jacket.
The first shirt is white with three-button collar. The navy tie with white and pink dots is really thick. Can you tell in this moment I wore something more underneath that shirt??

Can you tell I wear more than one shirt at the same time?

But when I loosened the tie and unbuttoned the collar, next collar with ties appeared!

The ties weave from unbuttoned high collar

This time the shirt has white and violet stripes with button-down two-button double collar! What a strange words combination! I wonder how properly that type of collar should be called... You got some idea?
With that magnificent collar came two ties fastened one under another. The outer tie is also navy with violet elements. The inter tie has dark red cherry color with white parsley pattern.

That's how two ties should be worn under one shirt's collar

That shouldn't be shocking to you if I tell you that under these ties and double collar were the last one shirt. The shirt is gray stripped with white, starched cutaway collar. The tie is navy plain, tied quite tight.

Combination of multiple shirts and ties

So that's how looks my last "onion", with visible all the layers with suit jacket, waistcoat, three shirts and four ties :)
I didn't beat the Matt's record with three ties under one collar but I'll leave it for next time. I need to get higher collar with four or even five buttons!

How to choose right tie and match it with a shirt?

Comments:

  • Come on, comment if you like pictures above :)
    Maybe you have some ideas for new photos?

Post a Comment